Sunday, November 11, 2012

STILL VACATIONING

I'm glad that we came home a couple of days before I have to go back to work.  I'm trying to ease back into a routine instead of being jolted back.  I really slept in yesterday and could have probably stayed in bed until noon but I knew that would only make it harder to get up on Monday.  We sat around, catching up on shows recorded on the DVR while we were away, and around 12:30 Gary said "aren't you getting hungry" and I replied not really.  There wasn't much in the house anyway but he found something to fix for himself.

I was thinking about going to the gym and then stopping on the way home to pick up something to eat.  I kept looking at the clock like I was a kid at school at the end of the day and finally decided if I was going to workout, I'd better quit wasting time.  I told Gary when the show we were watching was over, I was going to get dressed and head to the gym and he informed me that he was going to take a nap.  Hmmm, that really helps.   I didin't know if I was surprised or not to find only a few people working out on a Saturday afternoon when I got there.  It was beautiful outside, especially for the middle of November and I thought about Gypsy taking her morning walk and wondered if I should have just stayed home to do that but I was here and I'm more into the bike now than walking.  I spent more time on it, but did do a little bit of walking on the treadmill.  My mind was rambling on the way home, thinkng how glad I was to have worked out and that I was feeling pretty good.  I couldn't believe that for some reason I noticed that I was passing two ice cream cream places on the way home ... but it took me until I got a couple of blocks from home, to realize that I hadn't stopped to get the spinach salad that I had planned to pick up.  Oh well, I really wasn't hungry ... was I?  

I got in the shower when I got home and then as I was getting dressed thought about since I was still in the vacation mode, that maybe we could go to a movie.  I said something to Gary and he'd asked if I had had anything to eat yet.  I told him no ... then I got a lecture about that not being healthy.  He asked if I wanted to eat before we went to the show.  After checking the times, I decided to go to the 6:30 show and we'd eat after.  Maybe that was a mistake because he got a big bucket of popcorn and I indulged.  I had justified that by saying I worked off some calories and I hadn't eaten but I know now that it was a wrong move.  I didn't like the movie (Flight) so now I find me kicking myself for both decisions.  We ended up at Jockomo's for dinner, so I did end up getting my spinach salad but also had a small slice of pizza.  I probably came in right at my calorie total where I could have come in way under but like I said, I guess I'm stilll on vacation and easing back into reality.

1 comment:

Bernice said...

That's ok it could have been much worse! The old you probably would have eaten before the popcorn and still over indulge! So pat yourself on the back!! You did good!