Friday, November 16, 2012

SOME DIVERSION

Guess what I was faced with when I got to the office yesterday morning. A bag of candy. In celebration of the Great American Smokeout, the Wellness Committee in the office passes out candy as a diversion to smoking. But what about us that are tempted to eat the candy which is just as bad for our health? Not only did I have my own bag but my boss gave me his, even when I commented ... yeah, that's all I need is more candy. I took it home, we'll have people over on Sunday and I'll just put it out in a bowl for the kids.

I opted to have one last frozen dinner this week for lunch.  I have several more in the freezer at home and when they're gone ... they're gone.  They fill up my stomach for the most part but lately something else is wanting more and I find myself wanting to snack.  I think it's would be better to bring a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some fruit.  We'll see how that goes.

I knew that Gary was fixing spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, so when the vending machine was calling me at 3:00 p.m. which I think is the hardest part of the day for me, I tried to get busy with something else.  When Gary called I told him that I wanted to go to the gym.  I really didn't but I needed to go and once I tell him, it's pretty much a done deal.  Just like telling someone on MFP.

I really had to push myself at the gym since it had been several days since I had been there but I got through my bike routine and 20 minutes on the treadmill.  I thought I'd be all rejuvenated when I left but that wasn't the case.  I was happy I went but I was wiped out.  We had dinner when I got home ... very yummy and we watched some television. I kept hearing someone say are you still awake which I replied yes but can anyone tell me what happened in "Person of Interest" and "Elementary". I have a busy weekend ahead of me ... so maybe I'll take a nap when I get home, since I only work until noon.

2 comments:

NAN said...

I brought all my leftover candy to church! We also have a food pantry there if anyone needs it. I made my menus and shopped already but want to go to Publix later. I am going to really watch everything I eat until Thanksgiving. Of course we're having a catered brunch at church Sunday but I can spend my time serving and cleaning LOL. We are getting people's pledges so free food is supposed to be an incentive. Sorry I don't watch those shows so can't help ya and I hear you on the frozen dinners- I make mine own now from left overs. When I am on the road like all day yesterday, I have my cooler with some cottage cheese and LF cheese sticks and I still drink a couple of diet sodas daily. I just can't give them up.

Bernice said...

Wow! What will power!! I still have a lot of Halloween candy at home. I was super tempted the other day when I was doing dishes. I just starred at them for a few mins. Then went on with my cleaning. I made a vow not to eat anymore. So far so good!! I did however eat a big chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake yesterday. It was good so rich I thought I was going to throw up after tho! Haha Keep up the great work!! You are doing awesome!!