Wednesday, November 7, 2012

OFF DAY

Yesterday I took it slow, easy and maybe I was a little noncommittal.  I slept in until 9:00 and took my sweet time getting up, moving around, showering and getting gussied up.  I wasn't happy with my hair or makeup but it was time to move on.  I checked the office for voicemails and emails and there was nothing ...  I'm not missed :(  It was too late to hit the gym and with it's inconvenience, I sluffed it off. 

We had lunch at Paula Deen's.  You know the Food Network's Queen of Butter.  Her buffet is one of the best in the area and I guess this was my day to work on what maintenance would be because it surely wasn't going to be a day when the calories came in under target but I did restrain myself to a point.

We then drove into Memphis and hit the famous Beale street at which I was a little disappointed.  I thought it would be a bigger area and more shopping.  It reminded me a lot of the French Quarter in New Orleans with all the bars.  We did go into a couple of shops and they were both playing blues so we got to enjoy Blues on Beale Street for which Memphis is famous.  That and this guy.

One of the shops had some old antiques and I wanted to try this out but had been warned by so many people to beware, so I refrained.

1 comment:

Bernice said...

Man your so lucky! I love Paula Deen! I hope I get to go there some day!!?? When I was at curves yesterday. A lady was talking about that place. She said the chicken just melted in your mouth! Yum! Glad your having a great time!