Sunday, August 26, 2012

I WAS LAZY

Yesterday I took the opportunity of it being Saturday and slept in.  Looking back, I now feel I should have taken advantage of taking a nice long walk.  It seems like it's been quite a while since we had a whole weekend at home with no pressing plans and I guess I was just being plain lazy.  Oh well, I think we all get that way now and then.  I was the first one up this morning, so I guess that counts for something if I want to keep score.

I did have some catching up to do with laundry, a bank run and we watched our two in-town grandkids overnight.  Before Jim brought them over, he called and said he was stopping at Taco Bell and wanted to know if we wanted anything.  Quite tempting but I knew I'd be better off getting something on my own while I was out running errands.  I really would have been better off fixing something at home but did okay with a stop at Arby's.  When I got back home Gary said you're having Arby's again and I said I'm doing what'll work for me.  I felt I've had a pretty good week and want to keep that feeling.

We took the kids to Fazoli's for dinner and I got a child's spaghetti and had one breadstick.  I felt really guilty when the manager brought the meals out and I said the kids meal was mine.  Felt like I was cheating the franchise because I obviously wasn't under 12 but Jacob was and he got an adult meal, so I felt we were even but still the guilt.  Something I need to work on, I guess.  I'm such a people pleaser and follower of rules ... well, some rules.  I don't always seem to follow my own about what I should eat.  All in all another good day.  I need to string as many of those in a row that I can. 

No comments: