Sunday, August 12, 2012

FAMILY TIME

Got up yesterday morning and felt quite a bit better.  Some discomfort when swallowing but nothing like the night before.  (Thanks, Tess for describing what's going on)  The hotel where we stayed provided breakfast and although Gary said it was the best hotel breakfast that he has had in awhile, I wasn't going to be eating sausage gravy or pecan rolls.  I was still a little leary of eating at all and just had a little raisin bran.

The reunion although just a small group went very well.  It was good to see my brother and sister who I haven't seen in awhile, as well as nieces, nephews and cousins.  The stars of the afternoon, though, were the hummingbirds around some feeders that Mel and Janet have.  Wish I had my camera.  Some of the others took pictures, so maybe I'll get some yet.

I ate sparingly and just mainly enjoyed the conversation.  We stayed in South Bend.  Just love those HotWire deals.  The hotel was very nice especially for the price.   We had planned on going to the Hard Rock to see our nephew, Jay, play but I noticed on Facebook that he and his wife ran in the Warrior Dash and wondered if he would make it to Michigan after doing that.  Gary called his brother and found out Jay wasn't making the gig and later we found out he actually is planning on quitting that band.  So while we were disappointed we weren't going to be watching him play, we were kind of relieved because the show didn't start until 11:00 p.m. ... kind of late for us.

No comments: