Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Never Give Up

Yesterday for lunch I brought a Lean Cuisine entree. Normally I buy Smart Ones because they have the point count right on the package. There's a few I go back and buy over and over again. They aren't that good and the portion is sometimes ridiculously small but they get me through for a few hours until dinner. I found what keeps me from overeating is knowing that I can eat again in a few hours and normally it will be something I like. Since I only have 5 or 6 points for lunch, I can normally have a regular portion for dinner. Back to the Lean Cuisine, it was 300 points and the fat content brought it up to 7 points, but boy was it good. The serving seemed to be a little more than the "red box" but I was ready to sacrifice that point in something else.

Tuesday night is Zumba and as I did each routine, I kept asking myself why isn't it getting easier? Do I need to take another class to get in the groove and build up my endurance? I think it's my arms that I having the most trouble with, so I think this week, I'll add to my exercise routine using some weights a couple of times. I refuse to use the "age" card. Sixty is today's 40, right? Or did I reverse that. I can get this and I'm not giving up!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

You are doing so well! You don't even need that age card!! But I have a question for you. What is this Zumba of which you speak? So far, it's just the bike and walking for me. But hopefully it won't be too long before I'll be looking for something else. Have a fantastic Thursday!!