Saturday, February 25, 2012

Party Time



I didn't sleep well the first night we got to Erick's. Didn't know if it was because of the high winds or just being in a different bed, just know that I kept waking up and having to turn over. That didn't stop me from sleeping in though. No alarm, so I didn't have to deal with the snooze resolution. Before I got in the shower, I saw the scale on the floor. I don't know what came over me, because I usually try to avoid a scale, especially when we're traveling. I saw a number that I haven't seen in a long time and I was happy. Granted it was a different scale, so I know not to get too excited, but I've been trying and am hoping for the best.

Katherine's birthday party was this afternoon. She's so excited. Kelly finished up decorating the cake and it came out great. We had lunch before the party. Erick made a run to Wendy's. I pulled up their menu online and decided to go with the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad. It would have been wonderful except for the blu cheese crumbles, but still it was pretty good. I think the salads are made up ahead of time, so I don't know if I could have ordered one without the blu cheese or not. I made another stride and that was not to pop a couple of half eaten chicken nuggets in my mouth as I was clearing the table. It's that mindless eating that you're not even aware of that can get something going after you've done it.

At the party I probably should have stayed away from the summer sausage and crackers but did back away before diaster hit and I did have my one piece of cake, but that was planned. Dinner was at Red Hot and Blues and I just had a BBQ sandwich and cole slaw ... no fries. It still not getting any easier but I'm doing better.

No comments: