Monday, February 27, 2012

Frustration threw me off the edge ... or did I jump?

We left Erick's about 8:30 a.m. and headed toward Charleston, WV where we were spending the night. When we were on the interstate, I checked voicemail at the office. There was a message from my boss who wanted me to send an email for him. I should have checked VM's before I left. We stopped at a McDonald's where they had WIFI and I attempted to get into my email with no luck. Of course, while we were there, we had breakfast which meant a Sausage Biscuit for me. I guess this is where my frustration started to perculate. We stopped at DQ for lunch which I allowed myself. I'm always a little sad when we head home, missing the family. My next bit of frustration came in the form of aggressive driving. Gary has become more patient as he has gotten older, except when it comes to driving. Maybe it's just a guy thing, but it frustrates me to no end. It immediately put me in a bad mood. One I couldn't shake. I went from frustrated to incredibly sad.

I noticed then that anything I did or tried to do wasn't working out the way I wanted. In fact, I was pretty much going to blow off writing this blog post altogether but these are the things I need to express and come clean about.

We grabbed something quick for dinner which meant a sandwich and fries. The fries I ordered for lunch I only ate about half of but the dinner ones were gone and I didn't even realize it until they were gone.

I was bound and determined I was going to end the night on a positive note. The hotel had a workout room and I took advantage of it to gain control of my emotions or maybe blow off some steam.



I found this elephant in the bathroom in our room. It should have made me smile, reminding me of Disney World or a cruise where you often find these creations.

Today has to be a better day.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Oh dear sounds like an off day but at least you had the opportunity to work off some frustration. Blogging is a good way to be honest with yourself and you don't really have to worry about what others think. I hope today was a much better day for you. Sending airwave hugs your way!