Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back in the Saddle

I went horseback riding a couple of years ago on vacation. I hadn't done that since I was a kid. It was something I wanted to do, something I had planned. What I had envisioned was much different than the real thing. I guess because I'm not a kid (I started to say big woman but I just can't do that) the horse that was chosen for me was good sized. That meant to get my feet in the stirrups I really had to stretch out my thighs. Now I know why those cowboys were bowlegged. Anyway, along the trail ride, one of my feet slipped out of the stirrup and I was fearful (because I thought I was sliding to one side) that I may end of falling. I kept trying to maneuver my foot back. I finished the ride unscathed and was able to mark that adventure off my bucket list.

There is no moral ... I just wanted to say that I'm back in the saddle now and on my first day I didn't get thrown. Looking back the day went pretty much as I had planned. I ate what I had planned and I got to the gym.

This morning I got on the scale and they were down a little, not much but going in the right direction, so life is good.

No comments: