Saturday, February 18, 2012

Party Time




My nephew plays in a band called Big 80's. They band is quite good and for awhile every time we heard about them playing and we didn't have anything scheduled for that particular weekend we would go see them. It's probably been close to a year since that time but we saw on Facebook that they would be playing last night. Gary reminded me a few times of Jay playing and I pretty much just let the conversation end there. There were a few things that makes me less than enthusiastic about going. The first is that they don't start playing until 10:00 p.m., the second is the last time the smoke was so thick in the bar I actually got sick and most importantly I didn't know if I was strong enough to resolve not to munch and drink myself to a gain on Monday. I have found that bar food can sometimes be pretty tasty. I looked over the menu and there were a variety of sandwiches and lots of fried stuff like pickles, mushrooms, onion rings, fries, etc. I could get a steak but decided to go with the Chef Salad. Gary mentioned getting some mushrooms later in the evening when the band was playing and I kept the dialogue going in my head that maybe I'd have one but I was going to stay in control. The mushrooms were never ordered because we saw someone eating popcorn and asked the waitress about that and that was our table munchie for the evening. I started with diet coke but wanted something stronger later into the evening, I ordered a MGD64 and got another one just before the set ended. When I had it about washed down, I noticed the bottle and it was a regular brew, not the 64 calorie variation. I started wondering about the previous one I had ... what was it? I was starting to be bummed out that I had four times the calories I should have had and should have stuck with the Diet Coke.

It was a fun evening out and while we were there mainly for the music, I remembered the time, when we were much younger, that we got all dressed up like the gals I saw in the sparkly and off the shoulder tops, high heels and perfect make up for an evening that was just a big party. I think the purchase for me when I get to goal, it's going to be something jazzy like I saw last night.

I didn't notice until I posted the picture of my salad that on the table there was the phrase "drink responsibly". I think they should put that on restaurant tables with the word "drink" interchanged with "eat". This morning I got up and was afraid to get on the scale. I'm going to forego doing that until Monday morning and hope for the best ... while I continue to be conscious of what I'm eating because we have another evening out tonight.

No comments: