Thursday, September 9, 2010

Walking and Exercising

When I got to work yesterday morning I checked my email and found that one of the gals on our "Wellness Committee" was starting up weekly lunch-hour walks since the weather should start being a bit nicer than the 90 degrees we've had over the summer. I totally would go on this trek but I didn't know about it before hand and didn't bring any walking shoes. Guess I need to leave some under my desk for such occurrences. Anyway I took a pass because I have this thing about being different. Who would go on a walk in heels?

Since we got home late last night, there was nothing to bring for lunch. I had grilled chicken from Cracker Barrel left over from the dinner we had on our way home from Maryland and I grabbed that on my way out. I knew it wasn't much but I certainly didn't want another meal out. I thought about what I said about walking places and thought I could walk to the grocery that is about 1/2 mile from the office and get some salad mix and dressing and could cut up the chicken and have a tasty lunch, so that's what I did. I also got a couple of apples and some grapes to snack on while at work too. I'm usually not one that frequents the vending machines but if I have my own snacks that will make that temptation even less. The only problem was that the salad mix I got wasn't my cup of tea. It had snap peas and while Gary always talked about the peas inside tasting like candy ... the ones in the salad mix must be related to the coconut candy I don't like. The good news is there is only one serving left and I will avoid the peas like they were candy!

Gary tried a new recipe for dinner. It was from the Paula Dean magazine. No, it wasn’t basted in butter and then rolled in breadcrumbs and fried. It was Rosemary Chicken and I discovered I don’t like Rosemary. There was a sauce, rue or whatever you call the term for the stuff that went over the pork chops that consisted of apples, onions, mushrooms and rosemary. The taste of rosemary was really too strong for my liking. The pork chops were good though. While Gary was fixing dinner, I was going to exercise with my new “Sweating to the Oldies” tape. I couldn’t get through the whole thing but did get a short workout. I was sweating. I’m sure if I try it long enough I’ll get the moves down but I don’t think it really matters as long as I’m moving AND SWEATING.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love that sweating to the oldies tape...good for you!

You words of wisdom you leave on my blog are really appreciated.

Have a great day!
Jill

mensa said...

We're all in this together.