Sunday, September 12, 2010

Busy Saturday

It felt good sleeping in yesterday morning. I had a lot to do around the house since we've been gone so much lately but I still wanted to head over to the rec center and get a short work out in. I'm not a lover of gym-type exercise but thought that if I got into a routine that it would push me into it. I just can't see myself craving exercise like some people do ... YET. The gym was pretty busy.

I mentioned that I've been doing one-minute sprints on the bike and on my first one yesterday, I could feel my left contact come out. I got off the bike and went into the restroom to reposition it and when I got back someone was on my bike. Oh well, there were plenty of treadmills available. I did my time on one and the bike was available again, so I climbed on and rode into the sunset or at least finished what I set out to accomplish.

When I got home, it was budget time and going through the mass of papers that needed to be sorted through and filed and trashed. I swear we about drown in paper. It seems to come out of the air ... just like those unwanted pounds. But they both gotta go. Amongst the receipts, coupons, junk mail and other stuff, I found a wrapper that I had brought home from Maryland. We went to Dairy Queen, which I may have mentioned, when we were at Erick's. Kim and I got one of their "Fudge Bars". I had stuck the wrapper in my purse because I wanted to calculate the WW point value. The odd thing on the nutrition information showed that it had 6 grams of fiber. I even mentioned that as we were all sitting there eating our treats and both Erick and Gary said in unison ... you've got to eat the stick. Anyway, I just checked the points and because of the fiber there is 0 points. That's right none ... nada. Let's all go to DQ, I know what I'm getting.

Gary suggested going to the movie to see "The American" and asked me which showing I wanted to see. I thought it'd be nice to have something to do in the evening, so I choose the 7:20 show. I figured I could go to the store and get something for dinner and then we could go to the show after we ate. Well I never made it to the store and I spent a little too much time in the bathtub. I had thought earlier about giving myself some spa time after doing my chores with candle light, mood music and fragrance in the air soaking in the tub ... well, all I got was the tub part but it was nice and relaxing. The full spa treatment would have to wait for another day.

Anyway, it ended up being only about an hour before the movie would start, so it meant a quick bite somewhere. We ended up at Pasquale's where I got a stromboli. Their stromboli's are like steak sandwiches and because I had eaten lite earlier in the day, it fit into my plan without any second guessing. We got to the theatre and Gary had to have his popcorn and I had a handful toward the bottom after he had eaten all the butter laced kernals from the top because of the extra butter that he had added. I'm still not quite there from refraining from something that is right in front of me or should I say in arms length but I'm getting closer. The movie was absolutely awful. It was slow moving, left a lot of unanswered question and definiately one that I wouldn't recommend ... even if you're a George Clooney fan.

3 comments:

NaN said...

My daughter is the movie buff here; I usually ask her whether she thinks I'll like it! She loved Inception so she, her SO and I saw it at the Imax this summer. I didn't stay for fellowship after church so avoided those goodies and just ate a low carb chicken wrap I made. For some reason I'm craving something crunchy but I'm heading off to my room to read a bit and then doing some recipe hunting. I try to not do any work on Sundays- it makes for a nice day heehee.

Karyn said...

Hey friend...

Thanks for the movie review! We'll definitely skip that one.

DQ?? Who knew, right?

You just gave me the perfect idea about what I want to do tonight. A long soak in the tub with candles and music. And maybe a small glass of wine...I'm definitely saving the calories for that!

I hope you have a great day today, and thanks for your kind wishes about my nephew. I really, really appreciate it!!

mensa said...

@Karyn ... really surprised with the movie, I thought it would be a good suspense one to see. Enjoy your "me" time in the tub.

@Nan ... it's nice that you enjoy reading, it's a good diversion when you get the munchies.