Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hump Day

So far, so good ... It's a beautiful crisp morning with fall in the air. I've got a positive attitude and ready for what the day may bring. The last couple of days I've held my ground but just seemed to be coasting. No energy or motivation. Last night I slept through the night and don't even remember dreaming which can be a good thing because the last few, that I remember, have been bothersome. Sleep is very important while I'm developing this new lifestyle. I need to be rested to be strong enough not to collapse like a house of cards when faced with tough decisions.

Last night was Zumba and after the session my mood started to lift. I guess what they say about exercise is correct. My body was craving the energy it provides even if my mind wasn't onboard. It's just something I need to do. Once I get going, I'm okay. Maybe I can compare it to me not being a morning person. Every morning when that alarm goes off I DO NOT want to get out of bed but it's something I have to do and once I'm up and moving I'm fine.

I plan to take a long walk on my lunch hour and enjoy what I see around me. That's another to clear my head and I always feel better after. Other than that, not much to report.

2 comments:

NAN said...

Oh golly, I am such a morning person. I was up at 4 this morning, had my house clean and dog walked and on the road before 7. Now I'm home and going to make a big shopping list before an evening church meeting that I would love to skip. Low carbing is good- I really seem to have more energy but I need to plan some different meals and use some soy and almond flour and bake! What hours do you work? I make my own schedule.

Debbie said...

Don't you just love Zumba. I do.. Oh thanks for you comment on my blog. By the way Beef or chicken fried rice has 8 points per cup. I liked your post today.