Wednesday, September 12, 2012

THAT VOICE

Yesterday was a terrific day minus the hacking.  I've got to the point where I'm not draggy, achey and blah ... it's just when I have a coughing episode that it brings me down.

Our company celebrated a major event yesterday and  we were treated to a lunch at Fogo which is one of those Brazilian steakhouses that has about umpteen cuts of meat coming to you from all sides.  It's all you can eat and for some people MORE than you can eat but you keep eating anytway.  That was me in my past life.  Even when someone else was buying and I didn't need to get my money's worth, I got their money's worth.  I started at the salad bar filling up on the Caesar salad and a little of the chicken salad and apple salad.  Fortunately I passed up the salad dressing by mistake and the line was so long, I wasn't going back.  I had a few cuts of beef and some awesome pork but I did not get to the point where I wished I had worn something with an elastic waist.  I also, much to my amazement, passed on dessert while I eyed giant cheesecake on either side of me.

When I got home Gary had fixed one of my favorites ... spaghetti and meatballs and I was actually hungry for dinner, since I didn't overindulge at lunch.  I stuck to my salad plate portions and had a glass of wine with dinner.

I felt I did have a little splurge for the day with what I had for lunch and dinner but I had no guilt or regret.  I just felt it wouldn't help me lose weight for the day but I didn't think I was going to pack on extra pounds either, if I just counted it as a little more than normal day ... key word being LITTLE.

I still have the voices in my head telling me that I have to stick to the game plan with no deviations or I'm not going to be able to play the WHOLE game but even starters take a break now and then.  However, the voices remind me that it wasn't that long ago that it almost didn't seem to matter.  Then I got the spark from my daughter's blog and the last six weeks are something I can build on.  I'm concerned that she hasn't blogged for awhile though.  I know how important it is for me to write a little something everyday.  She said she's had a couple of hectic weeks but I hope to see some motivating, encouraging words from her soon.  I can't seem to find many other blogs that touch me the way hers does.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are doing so well and reading your blog is helping me!

I'm sorry I haven't posted recently. Things are just so hectic. I'm studying on my lunch hours and every free second I have for my CAE Exam I'm taking in December. I'm really nervous about it and haven't been scoring very well on the practice tests.