Thursday, September 27, 2012

RANT


As I was lying in bed last night, I was thinking there wouldn't be much to post to my blog this morning.  I was still feeling lousy, nothing much was happening and I was in bed before 8:00 p.m., hoping tomorrow would be a better day.  Because of the Holiday Challenge I got myself into on MFP, I knew that Thursday was weigh-in day and I knew I was in good shape with my 2# loss on Monday but maybe I would be adding a little to that, having a couple more days.  I even told Gary last night when we were discussing dinner, that I didn't want salad or rice because that tends to make me hold water.  I wanted to add to the loss as much as I could because I felt I had let my two team members down this week because part of the challenge included logging your calories burned by exercise and I basically had none because of being sick.  I had walked a little but it was minimal.  I even posted a message of apology yesterday to those members, but saying at least I'm losing.

Okay, you probably know where this is going.  I usually post about stuff the day before but when I got on the scales this morning I was ticked ... I needed to get it off my chest.  I know my brain is foggy because of the congestion, medication and blahness but when I saw that I was down one pound from my last weigh in for the contest (which was the day before we left on vacation).  I flipped out.  I wasn't able to weigh-in last week.  Are you saying, well you lost?  Yes but I was down two pounds on Monday which meant I gained one pound.  I really gained more than that because on my scales I was down 2.8 pounds Monday morning.  Maybe that's why 3# was stuck in my brain for my weigh-in at TOPS but I accepted the 2# after thinking about it, as I posted Tuesday.  But what I was seeing on the scale computes to overeating 9,800 calories in three days, which I know is totally ridiculous.  Here I was EXPECTING to be down at least three pounds and while it's still a pound, I've actually gained if you subtract this, carry that over and come up with x ... it's all fuzzy math to me, but it doesn't make me feel any better. 

Okay, I've ranted ... maybe I do feel better.  I know I'm not going to go off the deep end but .... but ... okay I'm done, it's over and it's time to move on.  

No comments: