Friday, September 21, 2012

STILL ON THE MOVE


We're now in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area.  We left Cherokee yesterday morning and stopped a couple of times in Smokey Mountain National Park.  The views were outstanding and we did a small amount of hiking to get to the higher vistas.

Once in Gatlinburg we stopped at a couple of wineries.  I find myself limiting the number of tastings just like I watch my portions with food.  Gary got to talking to a couple in the winery and we ended up following them to the next winery which had its own parking lot.  Gary thought we could just park there for the afternoon as we had lunch and browsed the shoppes.  I felt uncomfortable about doing that because it was posted that it was just parking for the winery.  He said I was weird but agreed to go to the public parking.  Why are there some things that I just have to follow the rules?

After some shopping we checked into the hotel and the first thing I wanted to do was go to their fitness room and weigh-in for a challenge I'm participating in where the weigh-ins are on Thursday.  I was also anxious to see how I was doing as I was trying harder than normal to take some pounds off while on vacation.  Can you believe it ... their workout room DID NOT have a scale.  What's up with that.  Maybe there's an old fashion drug store around that has a scale outside the store.  I remember when that actual was a reality.  Am I dating myself?

For dinner, we were looking to have some Italian.  We plugged Food ... Italian into the GPS and headed toward our destination.  I don't know what it is but when we're traveling we have this major problem finding Italian restaurants.  We went to two locations last night where the restaurant was closed and one that we couldn't even find.  Check that ... let's just find someplace to eat.  There was a Carino's and Olive Garden but when we travel, we like to eat at places we don't have at home.  We forgot about Italian and ended up at place J.T. Hannah's kitchen and guess what I had ... spaghetti and meatballs.  It was actually on the pasta section of their menu.  I left half of it on my plate.  Not that it wasn't okay but I'm just still watching my portions.

Here's a photo that I took inside of Berkshire's where we had lunch.

2 comments:

NAN said...

Sounds like you are having a nice trip. I am finishing up some progress notes and thinking I might do a little holiday shopping later. I like to be early! Also, I am thinking it will keep me moving.

Bernice said...

I'm jealous! We love to travel too!! It looks beautiful. I'm so proud of you! You are doing so good!! It's all about choices! Congrats in the first 10 lbs! Thanks for your support!