Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DON'T MISS WORKING

Oh how tempting it would be to retire, but then we wouldn't be traveling as much as we are now with the extra money.  So, I'll just take advantage of sleeping in when I'm not working and yesterday was good, although Gary was up at 5:00 a.m., but I was able to go back to sleep and then around 8:00 Katherine came in to say Good Morning and I dozed while she was watching Playhouse Disney.  I like to take time waking up and getting out of bed and this was perfect.

The boys were out of school yesterday, so the plan was to meet Erick for lunch and then take a walk around the lake at the shopping complex and do some shopping.  I am so proud of myself for doing what I need to do when eating out.  I got a turkey club for lunch.  Most clubs are cut into 4-6 sections but this was just a normal sandwich cut in half.  I certainly didn't need that extra slice of bread in the middle and it was easy to disassemble.  I gave my fries to Katherine as the sandwich was plenty for me anyway and I have learned that sandwiches CAN stand alone.

We walked around the lake, it being a beautiful day.  I started out wearing a jacket but when the sun came out from under the clouds it was warm enough without it.  We stopped along the way while Katherine took shots of the many different kinds of flowers with her mom's phone. 


We then made a stop at the bookstore.  The kids favorite shopping spot.  I looked through the travel section and then thought I'd wander over and see had they had in books about dieting.  Boy, it's true what they say about the diet industry being money making.  Oh so many books from "I can make you thin" to "I can make you hot" to one that says it all .... "Diet Drama".   We then made it over to target and I checked out their intimate apparel section to see what kind of PJ's they might have.  These were my choices
needless to say, I passed.  I'm looking to replace my silk pajamas and these didn't quite match up with what I had.

1 comment:

NAN said...

HaHa on the jammies and great on the walks and food. We are all good cooks in the family (well, at least my generation) so unfortunately food is pretty important and we all cook from scratch. I remember the first time I met my soninlaw I made macaroni salad, pasta salad and potato salad and DD informed he later he didn't eat any of those! Yes, he is thin! I am going on my walk now- got delayed this morning. Have fun!