Saturday, September 29, 2012

SLEEP

I didn't have to work yesterday and I didn't get out of bed until 9:00.  I felt pretty good and I think maybe it had to do with all the sleep I've gotten in the last couple of days.  Well ... maybe the antibiotic kicking in too.  I've heard time and time again that the right amount of sleep is good for those watching their weight too.  Wonder why ... maybe I should look that up and used it for a program at my TOPS meeting.

We were picking the grandkids up at school around 12:30.  They had early dismissal and our plan was to stop for lunch and head to the Children's Museum.  The kids love going there and we have an annual grandparents pass.  Smart choice at Arby's with their new hot turkey classic and a side salad on the way to the museum.  It had been awhile since I had been to the CM and they had a couple of exhibits I hadn't seen and enjoyed as much as the kids.  We weren't there long enough to get a lot of walking in but everything counts.

We dropped the kids off at their mom's office as we were going to a fun evening at Wine and Canvas.  It was date night and we were going to paint a companion piece.  First we had to have dinner and not knowing that side of town too well, Stephanie suggested a good Italian restaurant.  I've got my moojo back and when Gary offered me the bread basket, I had no problem passing.  I choose a pennetta which is penne and portebello mushrooms in a red sauce.  I didn't mind not having the meat I usually have when I'm having Italian.  It was very good but I did leave some on my plate just to remind me who was in control.

The painting class was fun and it gave my emotional side exactly what I needed right now.  That was a friend helping a friend.  I'm no artist and I not too confident in my ability.  Gary helped me along with the step by step instructions when I was having trouble.  He was very patient too which was especially endearing.  Together we completed our masterpiece and had a fun "Date Night".

No comments: