Monday, September 24, 2012

IT TOOK EFFORT

I didn't get to post yesterday.  The hotel where we stayed didn't have free WIFI to do a post yesterday morning before we left and I was totally wiped out and headed for bed when we got home.  I don't quite understand that the more expensive the hotel you stay in, it has less services.  Our rate was great through HotWire but we had to pay for parking and while they had internet services, I didn't think it was worth the extra money for it.  The hotel was a Sheraton.  It was in an old building and just beautiful in St. Louis.

Nothing much happened on Saturday.  We were in the car most of the day.  I really concentrated on drinking lots of water on the trip and we had to stop and hit rest areas quite a bit.  Yesterday was pretty much the same thing.  We stopped at a Sports Bar to catch some of the football game on the way home and I decided that was going to be my main meal since it was a sandwich and fries.

As I look back over our last 10 days, I think I did well.  There were times when I could have done better but in the scope of things, I was satisfied and have no regrets.  I ate what I wanted and never felt that I couldn't have something because I was on a diet.  I guess that's because I'm not on a diet.  I'm just making better choices as well as making adjustments.

Tonight will be like seeing my final grade posted on an exam when I step on the official scales at TOPS, although I had a sneak preview on my scales this morning and I'm still grinning. 

No comments: