Saturday, July 31, 2010

Excitement

I was able to sleep an extra hour this morning and how did I feel … tired, draggie, out of sorts. No, not at all. Did the extra hour have anything to do with it? I don’t think so, as it was the same number of hours for the night, as I got to bed much later. Then why did I feel somewhat refreshed. Was it because it was the weekend and there was nothing I HAD to do or did healthier habits have anything to do with it? Maybe a little of both. I’ll wait and see what Monday morning brings.

Yesterday was a great day. I only work until noon on Fridays and I know that I can get through four hours and then I get a respite. I love the company I work for but because of the economy, my duties aren’t as demanding and I am bored most of the time. With boredom comes complacency. I need that dash of excitement, a challenge. This road to good health I’m currently on is certainly a challenge and I’ve got to do what I can to keep adding the excitement into the recipe. Since this is a somewhat new twist to an old activity, my energy is high because of the motivation I’m getting from the positive reinforcement of Stephanie’s blog and reading a great book, as well as my losses on the scale. The excitement is there moving me forward much like a cheerleader would do to motivate her team to keep going for the win. But, cheerleaders don’t do the same routine or yell the same cheer. When things don’t work you need to shake up a things a bit and I need to remember than when the time comes.

Anyway, as I mentioned there are always challenges and yesterday was no exception. Gary called me and suggested we go to Indiana Live because we would be able to have a free lunch buffet if we turned in a poll we took online. He had done quite well gambling on our vacation and I guess he still had the fever. I agreed to go there for lunch but the moment I agreed to it, I knew I had to keep reminding myself that I could eat a healthy lunch and not over-do it at a buffet. I was creating a plan in my mind and what I could do to fulfill my intention. My strategy was one slice of meat for protein and fill the rest of the plate with vegetables. I’m not a big veggie eater and I didn’t have to clean the plate … something I had practiced the week before. Well, I did it. There was more to lunch with your husband than the food. There’s the conversation, planning, sharing, and just simply being together. Gary and I had a short walk in the evening for more togetherness, an activity I am starting to enjoy.

No comments: