Monday, July 26, 2010

If Wishes Were Horses

My mom used the expression "If Wishes Were Horses ... We'd ALL ride." quite a bit when I was growing up. You can't just wish for something to make it happen. Past vacations I always wished that I'd come back without a gain but just wishing never moved the numbers on the scale in a downward spiral, no matter how much activity I planned into the trip. I was determined not to wish it this time but DO IT!

Well, I got on the scale this morning saying PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE and saw NOPE, NOPE, NOPE. I was way off the mark thinking I could drop more than five pounds in a couple of weeks. I was determined, focused, positive ... all the things I was suppose to be and no results. I left food on my plate, walked more than I normally do, never snacked in the car; By golly, I even went horseback riding and yet ......... Oh wait, there was that one time I did give in to a Peanut Buster Parfait and the two cookies when we finally checked into the Country Suites at 11:30 p.m. after being shot down at five other hotels to the tune of "no room at the inn" ... is that what did it to me? Two lousy poor choices and 100 good ones and now I was paying for it.

Where am I going to get motivation from a busted goal? I'm not willing to listen to it could have been worse .... you can start over ... who loses on vacation? I tried, I really tried. Will I have to actually bring a scale with me next time, would that help?

My gain this morning was small. Nothing like it had been after past trips, so I guess I should be thankful ... thankful for a gain, I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. I know all I can do is pick myself up and keep trying, but .....

I'll continue this tomorrow after my official weigh in tonight at TOPS.

No comments: