Thursday, July 29, 2010

With a Capital "T"

I enjoy musicals. We even saw a rendition of Grease while on vacation in Wisconsin. This morning a line from a tune in Music Man comes to mind. "Trouble, oh we've got trouble, right here in River City, with a capital "T" and that rhymes with "P" and that stands for "Pooh". Well, the last word is really suppose to be "Pool" but I'm saying Pooh because that's how today has started and if I don't watch out, there's going to be trouble ... big trouble.

Of course I woke up tired ... nothing unusual but a lousy way to start the day. I choose a pair of slacks that are tight, which is a reminder of I'm not there yet and then I made the mistake of getting on the scales. A minuscule loss ... of course nothing to shout about.

So what's wrong with this picture? Absolutely nothing an attitude adjustment won't fix. It's early and there's no time like the present to turn around all that negative thinking. In a few hours, I'll be moving in a faster gear. The weekend is in sight where I can get an extra hour of sleep and don't have to rush around like a mad woman to make a mad dash out of the house. The slacks, while tight, can be a guideline for the next time I decide to wear them and the scales are moving downward and why would I want it any other way.

Sometimes you've just got to set the positive tone for the day. Don't self-prophesize the outcome the day and be discouraged when you have a few bumps. If I just open my eyes, I may see a learning experience or even a turning point in my progress. It's hard to look at the small brush strokes when all you want to see is "the big picture". Did I say "Big", I mean the beautiful picture. It'll come, it just takes time. Time is what they say "flies by so quickly". Sure doesn't seem like it when you want instant results but I need to look where I am now from where I was a couple of months ago. Yes, I have made progress and in two months from now, I will see more progress because I have control over me and that includes my attitude.

No comments: