Saturday, July 10, 2010

Staying Positive

Yesterday was filled with running errands. Some personal, some for work. We went to AAA to get some info on Wisconsin and to see if we could cash in our foreign currency that I'd been holding onto for a couple of years. I guess there's a parallel there along with starting a weight loss program. I held onto the money because I thought the exchange rate would go up. But the economy tanked and now I thought I better get what I can get out of it before the value decreases anymore. Putting things off sure didn't work for that and it hasn't worked in losing weight. They say there's no time like the present.

We had our normal Eggroll One Friday night dinner and I'm making a habit of leaving something on my plate. On the way home we stopped at the drugstore and grocery and it was getting late. I had suggested we walk when we got home and I wondered if there was still time. I made sure there was. Gary only walked part of the way and headed back home but I walked the distance I wanted to and quite a bit of it was uphill, so I felt I accomplished what I set out to do.

I was pretty tired last night but couldn't sleep. After tossing and turning for over an hour, I decided to get up and watch a program that I had on the DVR called "Excuses Begone". I still need reenforcement of what I know. It was mainly about the choice to believe you can get what you want and rid your self of the excuses. I finally went to bed at 2:30 a.m. with thoughts running through my mind like "you can do it", "make it work" "you get out of it what you put in" "if there's a will there's a way" "you do what you gotta do".

This morning I got up and weighed. In my PJ's I was down an ounce or two but who goes thru life in their PJ's. I picked up some clothles and held them and I was up two pounds ... huh? Can't let it get me down. Some foods hold water ... maybe the rice expanded? (lol) I got to remember what I said about scale fluctuations ... two more days until the official weigh-in and I'm going to be okay.

No comments: