Friday, July 9, 2010

Building Blocks

Yeah, it's Friday! I don't know why but when there's a holiday in a week, making the workweek shorter, it always seems like it'll never end. I'm ready for the weekend, even though it usually brings tempting moments.

I got on the scales this morning and I'm down a little more. I have stayed motivated this week. Maybe because it's been quiet with no demanding go, go, go schedule or activities. Meals have been simple and I have kept my portions in line. I have been eating off of a salad plate to give the illusion of more food, which has satisfied me.

Since I didn't make the time or effort to bring something for lunch yesterday, I decided to go out. Subway would be the best choice. Going out was like walking into a furnace, so I decided Blimpe's was closer and it's pretty much the same. The only problem is that it is right next door to King David's Hot Dogs. The gremlins of my mind come out to play. I've been good this week, one bad meal won't hurt, you worked some extra calories off at Zumba a couple of days ago ... Sheilah, do what you say you're going to do. As I walked into Blimpe's, I asked myself ... was that so hard? I discovered that I like Subway much better and I'm not going to melt walking a couple more extra blocks the next time.

I have felt draggy the last couple of days with no energy. They say exercise gives you a high and I thought I would walk last night but it was raining on the way home from work. I thought, well there goes that bit of exercise. I plopped down on the sofa when I came in and marked my territory for the evening. I mentioned to Gary about taking a walk in our conversation while watching the news. The weather came on and after showing the radar, it seemed like there would be a window of opportunity before dinner. I guess it's good to share your ideas and goals with others because a little later, he said are you ready to go, it's stopped raining and off we went before dinner. The temperature had dropped quite a bit, so when we started walking it was quite comfortable but it seem to be more and more humid or muggy as we walked. I questioned myself if I was really that out of shape. I seemed to have trouble breathing or was it weather related? We walked for about 45 minutes and I was certainly glad to see the house in sight. I hope to get out this weekend and walk a few times to build up my stamina. I know it's not going to happen overnight but I've got to do a little every day and I will become stronger.

No comments: