Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Crying Wolf

Honestly, when I got on the scales yesterday it showed a slight gain and it really bummed me out. I evidently hold water while I'm sleeping and it takes a while to eliminate it and even at that, I can't count on it happening every time. At TOPS last night, I weighed in with a 1.75# loss. Yeah for me! But, I also caused several hours of grief for myself. I came very close to throwing in the towel and pigging out at lunch. My escape was having something in the freezer at work. If it wasn't there, I would have visited my favorite local hot dog establishment. Instead, I gave myself another shot at redemption and it worked out by the grace of God.

So, after all that ... what is in store for today. I got the positive re-enforcement I needed, didn't I? Yes, but I'm so tired. I guess I need my old typical breakfast of Honey Bunches of Oats to get me going. We didn't have any milk for cereal this morning, so it was 1/2 banana and a few cashews and I don't think that worked. I'm really dragging. I have Zumba tonight after work and I'm wondering right now if I'm going to be able to do it and how hard it's going to be since I wasn't there last week. It really doesn't matter, I'm going and I'm going to be moving so it will have some benefit. I need to focus on my body getting stronger. What don't kill ya, makes ya stronger!

No comments: