Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Energy Loss

The long hard days of vacation are catching up with me. I could barely get out of bed yesterday. I know I'm not a morning person but I think I may also be in the wrong time zone. They say you can't make up for lost sleep but I'd sure like to try. They also say that rest and sleep are very important in a weight loss plan.

On my way into the office, I thought about the Zumba class after work and with the way I was feeling wondered if I had enough energy to get through it. I won't say "keep up" because I couldn't even do that last time and with being out a week, I don't have much confidence in myself tonight but wondered if I could even get through the entire hour.

The workday went well and I was on plan by bringing a "Smart Ones" for lunch. It was one I hadn't tried (Mac n Cheese) and it was pretty good and I thought the portion was unusually hardy for one of their dinners.

I had regained a little energy as the day wore on and before I knew it, it was 5:15 and time for class. There were times when I thought about coming up with some excuse to leave early but kept pressing on. Some of the songs I had no problem with and even enjoyed but there were a couple that seem to do me in, but I kept moving ... even if it wasn't the moves everyone else was doing.

On the drive home, I thought about the difference I felt from the drive in. I did have a little more energy. Was it because of the Zumba class? I definitely was happy that I went. I was also happy that it was over but I just may get out a video that I bought and put in some time in the next few days until the next class.

No comments: