Saturday, January 12, 2013

WRITE, WRITE, WRITE

Erick and Kim had an early flight to Orlando yesterday and they were gone before we were up.  We got the kids up and off to school with no problem.  I know that I'm not going to be perfect away from home, but as long as I write ... it helps me keep that carrot in front of my face and know what I'm chasing,  I continue to try, even though I strumble.

I did well eating Kashi cereal for breakfast.  It reminded me of something but I couldn't put my finger on it.  Maybe Sugar Crisp without the sugar.  Not something I'd buy but it was worth trying.  We went to Chick Fillet after picking Katherine up from pre-school and I got what I have gotten when I'm working and go to the mall.  So, check, check.  We didn't want to go out for dinner, so we ordered a pizza .... STUMBLE, STUMBLE, STUMBLE.  I don't even remember how many pieces I had which ain't good but the pizza wasn't loaded with toppings so ... maybe looking for the silver lining there.  Because I knew I had too much of a good thing, I didn't log dinner into My Fitness Pal which there will be no more of that kind of behavior. 

Here's some notes that I took from the book I'm reading that I want to keep fresh in my mind.

"People are more likely to make progress on goals that are broken into concrete measurable actions, with some kind of structured accountability and positive reinforecement".  I'm getting that by blogging and MFP.

"Outter order brings inner peace".  I know when I was at home and working with a to do list and seeing things get done, I felt calmer and a little more confident.

"When the student is ready .. the teacher appears".  I have found a good teacher on MFP, but I still feel like the class clown sometimes.  Can I be both a good student and a cut-up?

No comments: