Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WORKING ON IT

Yesterday was a pretty good day and today seems to be going even better. The difference between yesterday and today is that I'm more prepared.

I was my normal draggy self yesterday morning. I am truly one of those "NOT a morning person". At this point, I can't even tell you if I had breakfast or not ... I don't think so, because we didn't have much in the house as we hadn't been to the store for awhile. That meant I was also eating out at lunch or have no lunch and that wasn't going to happen. I did have a couple of gift certificates for Pita Pit and I had checked previously that their Turkey Pita fit into my plan.

I did get the munchies in the afternoon but had some pretzels and an apple available ... both a good healthy snack instead of a visit to the vending machine. These were left over from a lunch last week and I need to remember to have things like this on hand when the munchies strike.

Tuesday is on the schedule to hit the gym after work and I did my 15 minutes on the bike and then W2D3 of my C25K training. It moved along quite well as I alternated the running and walking. My big thing is keeping my eyes off the time. I'm sure it's a boredom thing. There is a small running track at the community center where I go to work out, so when I was finished on the treadmill, I wanted to see what real running was like. It was like ..... geez, I'm so tired. To do a mile you have to run 24 laps ... like I said, it's small. Well, I did run 2 laps as I was just trying out the sensation of regular running and maybe I'll add a lap every once in awhile. At least I tried and wasn't procrastinating because of fear or excuses.

Gary went to the grocery yesterday so I had my normal breakfast of my favorite cereal and a Smart Ones to bring for lunch so that's why I am better prepared today. It will be chicken for dinner tonight and my day is completely laid out for me. I will think when the munchies hit, if they do, and I will try to stay busy. There's always more to do than I realize ... so I need to start focusing.

IT WILL BE A GOOD DAY

1 comment:

NAN said...

Good for you, Sheilah. You sound really committed. I can't imagine running out of food though- I always have way too much around but I'm one of those morning people who actually likes to grocery shop. Weird I know! It's a rare week I don't go to WalMart, Food Lion, Publix and Winn Dixie! I just buy the sale items/BOGO mostly and never meat at Wallies. I actually roasted a turkey for lunch and will be eating off it the rest of the week. I had spinach with it- nothing else.