Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Take Care

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. It was a re-check on my blood pressure as the doc had put me on new meds. I hate taking medicine and don't do well at taking them consistently. I think it's a denial thing. The doctor did remind me that it's important to regulate your blood pressure though and there's a reason why they call it "a silent killer". My mom had high blood pressure as did some of my siblings. Mine was pretty much okay until five or six years ago. I guess it's a hereditary thing. Body shape and weight must be an hereditary thing too. I carry my weight in my hips and butt as did my mother and as does my daughter. I often wonder why there are so many body shapes for women. Women that are bigger on the top than bottom or bigger on the bottom than top. Then there are those that carry it all in their mid section or thighs and calves. Whereas, men usually just seem to have the abdomen excess. Of course it doesn't mean it has to stay that way. It's just a tendency and it can be whittled away.

Yesterday was a good day. I stayed on plan and kept my portions to where they needed to be. One thing I have noticed this week though is how wiped out I am. I wonder if that has anything to do with getting back on track and my body trying to adjust. All I know is that I'm looking forward to the weekend.

2 comments:

gracies tough journey said...

Please be compliant with your medications. You are to valuable too lose. God Bless

NAN said...

Keep plugging away. My body type is an apple- mom and my sisters are pears so guess I didn't inherit that.