Monday, June 28, 2010

Elation

I had an absolute perfect weekend ... can anything be perfect? Well, maybe not but it was great. Normally on Monday morning I reflect on what I had accomplished and usually have this feeling of disappointment and throwing away valuable time. Not this weekend. Sure weekends are for leisure and relaxation after working all week, but they're also to catch up on things that need to be done away from work. I had a few things on my "to do" list and all were accomplished. I got some exercise in on Saturday. I planned ahead on my meals so there would be less of that mindless eating or frustration on what to eat and the most important event of the weekend ... I had my entire family together. Erick and his family arrived from Maryland and timing was perfect when Stephanie and her family pulled into the drive-way right behind them. We all visited for awhile before I started dinner. I had taco fixins' using extra lean ground beef. Some of the crew had tacos and some of us, including myself, had taco salad to be on the lite side. We had good conversation going on at the table and I was in heaven.

When I got on the scale this morning, I was elated that I was down a little bit more but TOPS scales tonight are the official scales. I'm sure I'll hear a clunk as I'm confident I've lost, just not knowing how much. I know it's only been one week with my newest challenge but I'm ready for week two. Stephanie's blog is so inspirational. The only thing is ... I want to read more. I'll just chalk that up to helping to achieve that patient side of me that I have so much trouble with.

No comments: