Saturday, December 1, 2012

YESTERDAY

Not much happened so this will be another short post.  I was up earlier than I wanted and I thought about walking but it was dark out.  Don't know why I didn't think about a video or dancing or jumping jacks, sit ups, left lifts .... I know you have to seize every opportunity but for some reason those things didn't cross my mind.

I got busy finishing my decorating and straightening up and before I knew it, it was 10:00 a.m.  I hadn't stopped to have breakfast and thought then it was too late and I'd just save my calories. 

In the last two weeks our dishwasher, wine cooler and printer have gone KABUT.  The dishwasher went out the day after we had 20 for dinner but that didn't bother me ... maybe because Gary does the dishes.  I really don't like the dishwasher because it leaves waterspots.  Then on Wednesday Gary noticed the wine cooler's temp was showing 90 degrees which might be okay for mulled wine but "cooler" gives you a hint as to what the temp is suppose to be.  The cooler was nice to have but there's always the fridge.  But, when the printer went out yesterday morning we took off for the office supply store because that is a necessity.  Usually things like that change my mood, but I'm not going off the deep end.  They say things come in three's, so I hope we're over and done with the breakdowns and that I didn't have one.

Later in the afternoon, I went out again to pick up where I left off with my Christmas shopping.  I pretty much couldn't find anything for anyone on my list.  I did find a pair of black heels for myself.  My next ten pounds off (which I'm 4# from) was going to benefit me with a pair of shoes.  However, I couldn't wait because of the good buy.  There were only $8 marked down from $30.  Maybe I'll wait to wear them until I lose those other four pounds. 

For some reason, I was attracted to all the glittery and sequined clothing.  I didn't feel as rolly polly as usual and was envisioning myself in some of the bling.  Am I too old to wear something like that ... NEVER, is my body out of shape to wear something like that ... hmmmmm, I wonder.  Of course most of the stuff was in junior sizes and cut at angles I didn't have yet or was too short.  I wondered if maybe the more mature women's store may have something not quite so young looking.  However, when I when into one of those over size 14 stores, I didn't see any glitter.  The first thing I saw was birds.  Why does that stuff have to look so matronly and boxy. 

I had walked quite a bit around the mall and it was time to get home.  Maybe next trip out, I'll be more in the mood to try something on.  You know what they say, you never know until you try (on).

No comments: