Friday, January 7, 2011

Sleep

Gary went for his annual appointment with the sleep doctor yesterday and told him of his problem waking up and not being able to go back to sleep (he's on a CPAP machine). They both agreed it was probably due to me :( Is that men sticking together or what. I do a lot of tossing and turning and while the noise I make isn't exactly snoring, I know the breathing and throaty sounds could possibly bother him.

He did wake up again last night and I got up with him for awhile and then of course I couldn't go back to sleep. I guess I was really conscious of trying to lie still and my mind was also rolling along with thoughts of work and other activities. I know I laid there for over an hour using a couple of new g0-back-to-sleep techniques. My niece just wrote on Facebook recently to picture a candle and concentrate on the flame ... guess my flame kept going out. I've also heard to not let your tongue touch the roof of your mouth. That only made me think of how hungry I was which usually isn't a middle of the night problem. Finally about an hour before the alarm went off I dozed off and woke up having some stupid dream when I heard the radio buzzing. Maybe I should concentrate on an elephant riding a unicycle or something stupid like that and I could go back to sleep.

Anyway I was surprised I wasn't completely exhausted this morning. I know sleep is important when you're trying to lose weight. It should be part of the eating, exercising routine and I've also heard that you can never make up for lost sleep so I should stop planning on sleeping until noon tomorrow. I usually feel worse when I stay in bed too long anway.

On another note I went to the community center last night. At first I was just going to spend time on the bike as I planned to do my last session of this week's C25K today but I was still haunted by not finishing and giving up on the treadmill on Tuesday. It was there taunting me to get on and show me who had control. So I accepted its challenge. I switched up the speed and walla ... I found my groove. I did the entire circuit and finally felt confident that I can continue on to reach my goal of the three generation race.

No comments: