Friday, September 2, 2011

Yada Yada Yada


Nothing exciting ... just glad the weekend ... the LONG weekend is almost here.

I did have an incident at work yesterday. I had a voice-mail from my boss when I first arrived at the office that said he received a call that a chair was being delivered between 10:00 and noon and to let our receptionist and building engineer know. I was aware this was going to happen as I had received a call about 10 days ago advising me of the schedule date and told them to call Joe when they were 1/2 hour away on that day. I got busy with something and forgot to say anything to Mary Ann or Joe until about 11:30. I immediately asked Mary Ann if a chair had been delivered yet. She said no, so I went down to talked to Joe but he wasn't in his office, so I left him a voicemail. As I was coming back from lunch, Joe was in the lobby and I mentioned something about the delivery and he said yeah, someone was here to deliver a chair and I didn't know anything about it, so I sent them away. My heart was in my mouth. I know I notified him when I got the initial call but I didn't call him first thing this morning when I got the call from my boss. Boy, did I screw up. Then Joe's said ... only kidding, no one has shown up yet. I didn't know whether to hug him or hit him. In normal circumstances it may have been funny but in my fragile state of mind, was it a cruel joke? I guess I should just be thankful and learn a lesson to not put anything off ... do it as soon as it can be done. Boy ... where have I heard that before and not just in relation to work stuff.

When I got home from work and after sitting for a bit ... not putting it off, just relaxing for a few minutes after my drive home from work, I got ready to go to the gym because it was our scheduled day. As my knee and legs still haven't fully recovered from my two previous longer outings, I was going to take it easy. While it WAS a training day, I was trying to convince myself I was just there to get a workout to keep my legs in shape. I thought less focus on training and more focus on just exercise might help my mental stamina. I think it did. I had a great workout and I also reached a goal that I really didn't set out to meet. As I left the gym, I thought that I just may keep this up after the race at Disney. It felt good to leave with my hair damp, sweat on the back of my neck and my face feeling flush.

Gary and I then headed to Egg Roll for dinner. Opening my fortune cookie ... I finally found a fortune that wasn't hookey and one that I should take to heart.













So, that's what I intend to do this weekend is have fun. I'm going to be responsible when it comes to my diet and keep up with my schedule of exercise but everything else will have an element of fun it ... what the heck the diet and exercise can be fun too!

No comments: