Friday, April 20, 2012

Hanging In There

Yesterday's lunch was Subway again ... well it worked for Jared. My choice was that or a salad and I know that salad can have hidden calories even though I'd make sure the dressing would be on the side this time. I went with what I knew would be a better choice and had no problem with it even though I had it the day before. I packed basically the same lunch for Gary for 35 years and he didn't complain so two in a row didn't create a problem for me.

Gary fixed spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and it was very hard not to overdo it there because it is so good. I took less spaghetti than I normally would because I used a salad plate and only one meatball because I also wanted a glass of wine and felt I couldn't have both. Dinner was very filling but I still had the urge to snack later in the evening but I was successful in avoiding.

I keep saying that I need to stay focused and be aware of every morsel that goes in my mouth but is that any way to live? Is that good or does it cause frustration? Shouldn't I just be able to say four meals a day and make good decisions when it comes time to sit down and eat and not dwell on it 24/7. Maybe that time will come. I just have to get a few successful weigh ins under my belt and it's still one day at a time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, yes, yes - you should be able to eat every day and make good decisions and not dwell on it 24/7. I finally realized this and that's why I've kept this 50 lbs. off for two years. Even when I'm not following WW or tracking my food, I've learned enough that I still make better decisions than if I didn't care. That's why I gained so much weight after I got married - I didn't care and I ate fast food all the time. I guess the point I'm trying to make is the that whether I'm "on" plan or "off" plan, it's not all that much different. The differences are small - an extra helping here, not getting to the gym the one extra day I needed. Do you know what I mean? I don't think it's about restricting food or skipping meals or eating "rabbit food" that helps you to lose weight. It's not about obsessing over every bite or not eating this or that. It's about being aware.