Monday, March 5, 2012

Out of Sorts

It's Monday and I have a cloud hanging over my head. I had hoped when I got on the scale this morning to see at the very worse no movement. Honestly, I have been aware of what I have eaten over the past two weeks and I truly thought that I could fulfill my mission to not have gained while traveling. I said "NO" many times and avoided many pitfalls that I have experienced in the past. I even tried to keep to my exercise schedule working out in hotel workout rooms. I did allow myself some things I could have probably avoided but thought this would just be the times I ate normally and would maintain ... guess I was wrong. The scale reported a two pound gain. I know that some of that can be voided out before I actually step on the TOPS scale tonight but am afraid not enough. I have already had two disappointments at work this morning where it's apparent that I screwed up due to not understanding what was conveyed ... my fault/their fault ... who knows, so Monday is not starting off to be a good day. I am also faced with a company celebration luncheon at Fogo. Today is just not looking good. It's going to take all I have in me not to give up ... or even stop until the next time. I'm not sure I have it 100% in me to persevere. I know each day I have a new chance to start over and I want to say that'll be tomorrow. However, I have let too many tomorrows slip by. I keep asking myself, what am I going to do, what am I going to be faced with? So unsure ... so down. But what choice do I have. I'll face the music and rewrite what I need to make this work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I know each day I have a new chance to start over and I want to say that'll be tomorrow."

Why are you even talking about starting over tomorrow when you still have the rest of today to turn things around?

So you've had a bad morning ... It's up to you how you will react to it.

You can do this - believe in yourself!

mensa said...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Why am I letting this get to me so much?